How are you supporting your liver?
Nurturing this incredible organ is so critical when it comes to how we feel each day. The liver works pretty hard 24/7 to rid those toxins from our everyday as well as break down our sex hormones (estrogen) and cholesterol as well as other amazing things.
There are no tests for a congested liver but it is easy for it to become overloaded from our diet & lifestyle and then it can’t do it’s job of detoxing our bodies effectively.
Signs our liver may need some more love
- you struggle with PMT with crazy mood swings and cramping. This can be a sign your sex hormones are out of balance due to liver congestion
- you often wake up during the night and feel hot. This is a sign of an overloaded liver with too many substances to detoxify such as excess alcohol
- you carry excess weight you cannot shift especially around your middle
- you have high cholesterol
- your bowel movements are not regular or easy to pass. The liver is closely involved in digestion and elimination and a congested liver can sometimes result in constipation.It’s easy to support your liver through diet by eating plenty of cruciferous veggies – broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, broccoli sprouts. Also eating more bitter foods 🌱🌿🥗such as dandelion, turmeric and rocket. These foods provide a great workout for your liver.I see this in clinic quite a lot and its important to work with a practitioner who can help identify if it is the liver causing your symptoms.